Coalition Against Childhood Cancer’s Summit and Annual Meeting
CAC2 members and guest met at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia on June 22 and 23 for our 2016 Summit and Annual Meeting. You can access the presentation slide decks from both days by clicking the links below
Wednesday, June 22 Presentations and Panel Discussions
Links to individual presentations embedded below (in green).
- Welcome Remarks
- Spotlight on Family Support/Psycho-Social Care Panel
- Moderators: Vicki Sardi Brown and Peter Brown, Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation and Anne Kazak, Ph.D., Co-Director, Nemours Center for Healthcare Delivery Science and Professor of Pediatrics, Thomas Jefferson University (complete panel deck)
- Panelist: Lamia Barakat, Ph. D., Director, Psychosocial Services Program and Behavioral Oncology Research, CHOP and Professor of Pediatrics, University of Pennsylvania
- Panelist: Chelsea Keeler, MSW, LSW, Social Worker, Division of Oncology, CHOP
- Panelist: Rebecca Rector, BA, CCLS, Oncology/Bone Marrow Transplant, CHOP
- Spotlight on the Cancer Moonshot
- Precision Medicine Forums
- Moderator: Dr. Malcolm Smith, Associate Branch Chief, Pediatrics, Clinical Investigations Branch, CTEP, National Cancer Institute
- Panelist: Stephanie Devaney, Ph.D., Project Manager, White House Precision Medicine Initiative
- Panelist: Dr. Katherine Janeway, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, Senior Physician, Pediatric Oncology; Dana-Farber/Boston children’s Cancer and Blood Disorder Center
- Panelist: Dr. Steven Joffe, Vice Chair of Medical Ethics, University of Pennsylvania; Emanuel and Robert Hart Associate professor of Medical Ethics and Health Policy; Children’s Oncology Group Bioethics Committee, Attending Physician, The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia Cancer Center and the Blood and Marrow Transplant Program
- Panelist: Dr. Nita Seibel, Head of the Pediatric Solid Tumor Therapeutics, Clinical Investigations Branch, Cancer Therapy Evaluation Program (NCI), Co-Chair, NCI Pediatric MATCH study
- Panelist: Michael Cox, PharmD, Director, Clinical Development and Medical Affairs at Loxo Oncology, Inc.
- Panelist: George Kirk, Ph.D., Director, Global Projects, AstraZeneca
- Panelist: Dr. Martha Donoghue, Pediatric Solid tumors Scientific Liaison, Clinical Reviewer for Pediatric Oncology, Neuro-Oncology, and Rare tumors, Office of Hematology and Oncology products, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (no slides)
Thursday, June 23
Links to individual presentations embedded below.
- Keynote Address