Coalition Against Childhood Cancer’s
Summit and Annual Meeting
CAC2 members and guests will meet at Lurie Children’s Hospital on June 28th and 29th for our Summit and Annual Meeting.
Tuesday Evening, June 27th
CAC2 Dine-Around Networking Event
The Dine Around option was very popular last year, so we will be repeating it again this year. Dine Around is an opportunity to meet up with other CAC2 members over dinner at a local Chicago eatery. Individuals pay for their own meals. You will be asked to reserve your restaurant choice when registering for the summit.
The Copper Fox http://copperfoxchicago.
Beatrix Chicago http://beatrixchicago.
Quartino Chicago http://www.
Wednesday, June 28th
Ann & Robert Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
225 E. Chicago Ave.
Registration required (email [email protected] for registration information).
Welcome–Dr. Stewart Goldman (Lurie)
Twitter for Awareness, Advocacy, and Network Building–Lee Marchiano
The Nurse – Patient/Family Relationship: Building the Best Patient Experience–Kathy Ruccione (President, Association of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology Nurses)
Survivorship–Dr. Natasha Pillay Smiley (Lurie)
- Garrett Brodeur–Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Sam Volchenboum–University of Chicago
Amplifying Research Dollars Through Partnerships
- Co-Funding–Jeff Gordon Children’s Foundation/Trish Kriger
- Leveraging Partner Infrastructure–Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation/Jay Scott
- Shared RFPs–Solving Kids Cancer/Donna Ludwinski
- Clinical Trial Network–NMTRC/Beat NB, invited
- Foundation-Led Initiatives–Catapult/CureSearch, Tess Mattingly
- Venture Philanthropy–Research Investment Impact Fund/Richi Foundation, Ricardo Garcia
Panelists–These three, plus Cavatica/Dragon Master Foundation, Amanda Haddock and Project IMPACT, National Brain Tumor Society, Kris Knight
- Pediatric Brain Tumor Consortium–Susan Weiner, Children’s Cause for Cancer Advocacy
- TARGET Initiative–Julie Guillot, Be Strong, Fight On!
- Blue Ribbon Panel Partnerships–Amy Williams (NCI)
Panelists–These three, plus NANT/Gavin Lindberg, EVAN Foundation and PNOC & POETIC/Joan Slaughter, Morgan Adams Foundation
Thursday, June 29th
Highlight Speaker, Membership Meeting, and Interest Group Break Out Sessions
Thursday’s session will feature our Highlight Speaker:
Dr. Oren Becher
Associate Professor, Department of Pediatrics
The remainder of Thursday is reserved for our annual members’ business meeting, board elections, and interest group breakout sessions.
CAC2 would like to express our gratitude and appreciation to the following sponsors and supporters of our 2017 Summit and Annual Meeting: