Assorted news from the last week:
The National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) has issued guidelines for the management of children with Wilms Tumor, or nephroblastoma.
The Global COVID-19 Observatory and Resource Center for Childhood Cancer was developed, launched, and maintained by the International Society of Pediatric Oncology and St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. The three components (Resource Library, Global Registry, and Collaboration Space) complement each other, establishing a mechanism to generate and transfer knowledge rapidly throughout the community.
Upcoming Webinars and Online Opportunities:
ASK Foundation is hosting a FREE virtual conference on March 5th for teachers, nurses, and school administrators to learn how they can better support pediatric cancer patients and survivors in the classroom. It will remain online and available to registered participants through June 1st. Feel free to share with anyone you think might be interested. CEUs and CNEs will be awarded for Virginia educators. https://www.askccf.org/educator-conference.html
The Small Business Concept Award (SBCA) has issued a new SBIR contract solicitation to fund high-risk, high-innovative projects in rare and pediatric cancers. Also here is the youtube link for the promotional video: https://youtu.be/
- Target high-risk/high reward projects in areas of pediatric and/or rare cancers
- Seeking to derisk highly innovative concepts – out of the box ideas are encouraged.
- Preliminary data is not required or expected to be competitive for funding.
- Shorter application with review criteria heavily weighted towards innovation.
- Submission of a white paper in March with a 2-3 page project summary for program feedback pre-application.
- 300K , Phase I contract funding for proof of concept.
- Additional funds for I-Corps program for entrepreneurial training.
- CAC2 Childhood Cancer Community News Digest (September 11-17)
- CAC2 Childhood Cancer Community News Digest (September 4-10)
- CAC2 Childhood Cancer Community News Digest (August 28-September 3)
- CAC2 Childhood Cancer Community News Digest (August 21-27)
- CAC2 Childhood Cancer Community News Digest (August 7-20)