Assorted news from the last week:
Data from an ongoing Phase 1 Pacific Pediatric Neuro-Oncology Consortium (PNOC) network study sponsored by the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute showed that patients under 18 years of age with relapsed low-grade glioma that had been treated with DAY101 had notable responses: Of the eight patients with RAF fusions, two patients achieved a complete response by Response Assessment for Neuro-Oncology (RANO), three had a partial response, and three achieved prolonged stable disease. The median time to response for these patients was only 10.5 weeks, and the most common side effects were skin rash and hair color changes. Based on the data the FDA has granted DAY101 Breakthrough Therapy Designation for the treatment of pediatric patients with advanced low-grade glioma harboring RAF alteration.
Research by Newcastle University, UK, has revealed that experts can identify the time, nature and outcome of medulloblastoma relapse from the biology of the disease at diagnosis and the initial therapy received.
Upcoming Webinars and Online Opportunities:
- LEARN from recent successes in paediatric oncology drug development worldwide;
- HEAR about the latest regulatory updates in Europe and America;
- DISCUSS in breakout sessions how to accelerate implementation new oncology drug development for children in this new global landscape;
- SHARE advancements in the ACCELERATE program: Paediatric Strategy Forums and Working Groups (FAIR Trials, International Collaboration, Long Term Follow-Up Needs, Fit For Filing) and what is in the pipeline; and
- STRENGTHEN multi-stakeholder international collaboration.
View CAC2’s November All-Member webinar which featured leaders of the New Approaches to Neuroblastoma Therapy (NANT) consortium about the progress and challenges associated with developing new strategies for refractory and relapsed neuroblastoma patients to learn about the history of this 20 year-old, multi-institution network, their collaborations with the Children’s Oncology Group and other partners, current clinical trials and plans for future studies.
- CAC2 Childhood Cancer Community News Digest (January 30-February 5)
- CAC2 Childhood Cancer Community News Digest (January 23-29)
- CAC2 Childhood Cancer Community News Digest (January 16-22)
- CAC2 Executive Director Position Now Open!
- CAC2 Webinar–Not For Profit Financial Matters: A Deep Dive into the 990