Assorted news from the last week:
Camp Okizu at Berry Creek, a camp for pediatric cancer patients and their families, sustained significant damage in California’s Bear Fire.
Early results of a clinical trial show that for children and adults with advanced soft tissue sarcoma, adding the targeted drug pazopanib (Votrient) to chemotherapy and radiation treatment is safe and increases the chances that most of the tumor will be dead before surgery.
Study in Pediatric Blood Cancer concludes that physicians can foster trust through patient-centered communication and provision of high-quality information about a child’s cancer.
Marilyn Li, M.D. will present a webinar on New Insights Underscore the Need to Identify NTRK Fusions in Childhood Tumors at 11:00 am ET on September 24, 2020.
The Gabriella Miller Kids First Pediatric Research Program’s will host a webinar on October 6 at 2:00 ET, to share findings from the Kids First study on novel cancer susceptibility mutations in families and demonstrate new features of the Gabriella Miller Kids First Data Resource Portal.
- CAC2 Childhood Cancer Community News Digest (November 27-December 3)
- CAC2 Childhood Cancer Community News Digest (November 20-26)
- CAC2 Childhood Cancer Community News Digest (November 13-19)
- CAC2 Childhood Cancer Community News Digest (November 6-12)
- Fueling the Lifelong Fight Against Childhood Cancer: Nutrition for Patients and Survivors