CAC2 salutes Members Solving Kids’ Cancer, Momcology, Ty Louis Campbell Foundation, and the Max Cure Foundation who worked collaboratively with Friends of Karen to host an expert-led community discussion for families about Covid-19.
Watch the presentation by clicking the image below or by visiting www.solvingkidscancer.org/covid19webinar .
The community is invited view the presentation of a timely and informative community discussion related to COVID-19 as we approach the fall season and the many changes (besides the beauty of autumn) that are on the horizon.
Covered topics include
- What science is saying about COVID-19 in children and vulnerable childhood cancer patients
- What can we expect for transmission rates after the summer?
- Vaccines – what to expect, what’s the promise, and how to approach
- Returning to school in various scenarios – impact on patients, siblings and parents
- Stress, anxiety and coping with COVID on-top-of pediatric cancer and how to approach personal risk/benefit decisions
The discussion was led by:
– Jeffery Auletta, MD – Director of the Blood and Marrow Transplant (BMT) and Host Defense and Immunocompromised Infectious Diseases Programs at Nationwide Children’s Hospital
– Rhonda Ryan, LMSW – Director, Family Support Program, Friends of Karen
-Kim Buff – Founder and Executive Director, Momcology