Congress approved the fiscal year 2022 omnibus spending package on March 11. It included great news for the childhood cancer community: the STAR Act will receive $30M and the Childhood Cancer Data Initiative will receive $50M.
There were several other specifics in the budget important for our community:
- The STAR Act received $30M and CCDI received $50M for FY22 – full funding for both programs!
- NIH received $45B for FY22, an increase of $2.25B over FY21.
- NCI received $6.9B for FY22, an increase of $353M over FY21. This also includes $194M for the Cancer Moonshot.
- The omnibus provided $1B to create the Advanced Research Projects Agency for Health (ARPA-H) within the HHS Office of the Secretary. Funding is available for 3 years.
- The Gabriella Miller Kids First Research Act received $12.6M for FY22.
- The Peer Review Cancer Research Program (PRCRP) received $130M for FY22, a $15M increase over FY21. The PRCRP also includes each research category the Alliance requested in our FY22 DOD letter: pediatric, adolescent and young adult cancers; pediatric brain tumors; neuroblastoma; sarcoma; germ cell cancers; blood cancers; lymphoma; and thyroid cancer.
- Blog Posts (65)
- Guest Blogs (18)
- Member Blogs (24)
- Survivorship Matters Blog (9)
- CAC2 News (21)
- Collaborative Achievements (13)
- Community News (170)
- News Digest (130)
- Research Explained (10)
- Webinars (61)
#CancelChildhoodCancer (1) Advocacy (47) Annual Summit (7) Awareness (20) AYA (2) Best Practices (12) Biorepositories (2) CAC2 News (7) CAC2 Project Incubator (1) CAC2 Projects (11) Call to Action (24) Cancer Moonshot (1) Clinical Trials (10) COG (2) Collaboration (11) Comparative Oncology (1) Data (15) Delayed Diagnosis (2) Digest (12) Drug Development (12) Drug Shortages (2) Ethics (1) Family Support (14) FDA (1) Funding Research (6) Genomics (6) Industry Perspective (5) Member Access (12) NCI (3) Nutrition (1) Patient-Reported Outcomes (1) Prevention (5) Psychosocial Support (4) Rare and Ultra Rare Cancer (1) Rare Cancers (1) Regulations (3) Research (38) Research Advocacy (1) Survivorship (26) Venture Philanthropy (3)