The Coalition Against Childhood Cancer (CAC2) is recruiting an Executive Director to join a dynamic, collaborative network of nonprofit organizations, industry partners, and individuals from 39 states and nine countries, supporting and serving the childhood cancer community. The Executive Director reports to the Chair and the CAC2 Board of Directors to oversee the day-to-day operations of CAC2, while working collaboratively with CAC2 member volunteers. The Executive Director will supervise the operations and communications staff, engage with members and external stakeholders, and work in partnership with the Board to evolve the CAC2’s strategic vision to fulfill its mission and objectives.
The mission of CAC2 is to effectively advance a variety of childhood cancer causes by unifying the efforts and interests of the membership and volunteer leaders.
The organization organizes its work together around the following pillars of interests shared by its members:
- Advocacy & Awareness
- Family Support
- Research & Treatment
To accomplish its mission, CAC2 promotes learning, coordinated action, and broad-based collaboration among members and within the childhood cancer community. CAC2 operates through the generous support of grants, member dues, and donations. CAC2 is a 501(c)3 organization with an annual budget of approximately $225,000.
The Executive Director job centers on three major work areas:
- Setting strategic direction and providing leadership;
- Maintaining smooth and effective operations and financial integrity; and
- Building strong internal external relationships by acting as an ambassador for the organization for members, potential members, and the community.
Salary is market competitive.
- CAC2 Childhood Cancer Community News Digest (November 27-December 3)
- CAC2 Childhood Cancer Community News Digest (November 20-26)
- CAC2 Childhood Cancer Community News Digest (November 13-19)
- CAC2 Childhood Cancer Community News Digest (November 6-12)
- Fueling the Lifelong Fight Against Childhood Cancer: Nutrition for Patients and Survivors