Assorted news from the last week:
Give Kids the World is reopening on Jan 17, 2021. Here’s a video they’ve prepared as part of their announcement.
COVID19 disrupting pediatric cancer treatments all over, but especially in places like Uganda, where disruption in treatment can be deadly.
End-of Year Advocacy Update: Creating Hope Act has passed in the Senate within the Stimulus Package. It will be reauthorized for 4 more years. In addition the end-of-year omnibus spending bill also included $80 million new childhood cancer research initiatives. This funding agreement included $30 million to fully fund the Childhood Cancer STAR Act, the most comprehensive childhood cancer bill in history, for a third consecutive year, and $50 million to fund the Childhood Cancer Data Initiative (CCDI) for a second year. Key components of the Global Hope Act were also included.
Upcoming Webinars and Online Opportunities:
Five episodes of The Promise a docuseries about childhood cancer appeared on YourTube Live last week and are now available for on demand viewing. This production features a number of CAC2 Members: Donna Carmical (Journey4ACure), Ellyn Miller (Smashing Walnuts), Janet Demeter (Jack’s Angels), Joe Baber, Peter & Vicki Brown (Mattie Miracle), and Ricardo Garcia (Richi Foundation).
- CAC2 Childhood Cancer Community News Digest (November 20-26)
- CAC2 Childhood Cancer Community News Digest (November 13-19)
- CAC2 Childhood Cancer Community News Digest (November 6-12)
- Fueling the Lifelong Fight Against Childhood Cancer: Nutrition for Patients and Survivors
- CAC2 Childhood Cancer Community News Digest (October 30- November 5)