In December’s All-Member webinar, CAC2 members Ginger Diamond (Childhood Cancer Awareness Group of Coffee County) and Joanne Salcido (Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation) hosted Dr. Sharon Plon from the Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children’s Hospital and Dr. Todd Druley of Washington University in St. Louis, speaking on pediatric cancer predisposition and genetic susceptibility.
During this webinar, Drs. Sharon Plon and Todd Druley covered evidence suggesting that pediatric cancer, unlike adult cancers, has a significant contribution from germline genetic changes that skew normal childhood development. They also highlighted the approaches underway in the laboratory and clinic to address this issue including developing surveillance guidelines for children at increased genetic risk for cancer.
- CAC2 Childhood Cancer Community News Digest (November 20-26)
- CAC2 Childhood Cancer Community News Digest (November 13-19)
- CAC2 Childhood Cancer Community News Digest (November 6-12)
- Fueling the Lifelong Fight Against Childhood Cancer: Nutrition for Patients and Survivors
- CAC2 Childhood Cancer Community News Digest (October 30- November 5)