Assorted news from the last week:
A study out of US-Davis has found that adolescent and young adult (AYA) patients treated for acute myeloid leukemia (AML) have a high risk of developing several long-term health complications after treatment. The most common complications were cardiovascular, endocrine and respiratory diseases and presented more commonly among non-white AYA patients and those living in more deprived neighborhoods.
For some children with the rare eye cancer retinoblastoma, results from a study in mice suggest that CAR T-cell therapy could be an effective treatment.
Collaboration at work: thanks to a funding partnership among childhood cancer foundations, pediatric cancer researchers at Children’s Hospital Philadelphia and Gustav Roussy received $1.3 Million to study precise treatment for neuroblastoma.
Upcoming Webinars and Online Opportunities:
- LEARN from recent successes in paediatric oncology drug development worldwide;
- HEAR about the latest regulatory updates in Europe and America;
- DISCUSS in breakout sessions how to accelerate implementation new oncology drug development for children in this new global landscape;
- SHARE advancements in the ACCELERATE program: Paediatric Strategy Forums and Working Groups (FAIR Trials, International Collaboration, Long Term Follow-Up Needs, Fit For Filing) and what is in the pipeline; and
- STRENGTHEN multi-stakeholder international collaboration.
CAC2 hosted leaders of the New Approaches to Neuroblastoma Therapy (NANT) consortium about the progress and challenges associated with developing new strategies for refractory and relapsed neuroblastoma patients Click the link to view the presentation and learn about the history of this 20 year-old, multi-institution network, their collaborations with the Children’s Oncology Group and other partners, current clinical trials and plans for future studies.
- CAC2 Childhood Cancer Community News Digest (September 11-17)
- CAC2 Childhood Cancer Community News Digest (September 4-10)
- CAC2 Childhood Cancer Community News Digest (August 28-September 3)
- CAC2 Childhood Cancer Community News Digest (August 21-27)
- CAC2 Childhood Cancer Community News Digest (August 7-20)